The Art of Animaling: enchanted

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

enchanted

Do you believe in your one true love?
Do you believe in true love's kiss, the most powerful thing ever?

Yeah, I got that from the movie Enchanted, which I just saw over the weekend. Yes, my movie list is damn kuno. It's a nice movie la, with entertainment values. But it worries me, that Robert (Mr Dempsey), can give up his girlfriend of 5 years, whom he was also about to pop the question to, for Princess Gisele (Isla Fisher).

All that one true love thing is nice and lovely and romantic but MEH.

Was he just sailing along with Nancy, waiting for a Gisele to turn up?
Did he ever REALLY love Nancy? He was about to propose to her!
Is it possible to fall for a person so easily? Just like that? Even when you're already with SOMEONE else???

If you're Nancy...wouldn't you be worried sick?!

Of course, that's just a movie, and it's just a fairytale. In real life, I would imagine Nancy to be a woman scorned. As if there'd be a Prince Edward (James Marsden) for you to conveniently fall in love with when your man runs off with another lady. He'd probably end up being Mr Rebound.

Ugh. Sometimes, when the ending of a movie doesn't justify it, I just HATE IT when people get broken up for no reason at all. And personally to me, one true love is not reason enough to break up a 5 year relationship. Because love is all that, and a whole lot more.

I guess the movie was trying to say that sometimes, fairytales can come true; something I just can't agree with at all.

3 Comments:

Blogger McAllie said...

Hmm... Interesting.

I think Gisele is about cuckoo @.@

8:39 PM 
Blogger CharSiu said...

the movie's just too fluffy to believe. i found gisele kinda annoying haha.

2:09 PM 
Blogger Jules said...

I think that James Marsden is a poor guy. He gets dumped in every movie

X-men: Jean Gray dumped him cos Cyclops is a wimp

Enchanted: Gisele left him for a peasant.

27 Dresses: I didn't watch but was told he was dumped

Superman: Lois Lane still loves Superman over him!

Poor guy!

10:20 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home