The Art of Animaling: belly dancing

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

belly dancing

I watched my very first belly dancing performance last night at the Petronas Philharmonic Hall in KLCC. The cast includes Hossam Ramzy the tabla (a type of drum) player, his band of Egyptian musicians and his wife – Serena – the belly dancer. The whole night everyone was just staring at Serena’s belly and hips…is it even humanly possible to shimmy like that? Very beautiful and controlled dancing, and her costumes kept getting prettier and prettier! I didn’t know until last night that belly dancing costumes could be one piece as well; always thought it was all two-piece clothing!

Which brings me back to BAT media night last year where there was a belly dancing performance, which was pretty much shitty. The girl was stick thin and had no curves at all! It was like watching a papan trying to move. Goes to show that a little flesh is really sexy. Serena in comparison was really fluid and graceful. Even when she wore a costume that covered up her assets, you could still see her shaking it. Hossam himself was really entertaining and quite the comedian. I would watch them if they ever come here again. The tickets only cost RM34 after discount; even at full price, RM42, I feel that the performance was well worth the money. Also bumped into Alex Balex, whose sister does belly dancing with one of my colleagues (I think).

***

Watched 21 over the weekend. It's so clever! But I still don't like Kate Bosworth's ugly forehead. Gonna watch Hancock tonight :D

And this Saturday will be my first time at Bon Odori. Jom, put on your kimonos and go!

What? Bon Odori Festival 2008
When? Sat 12 Jul 2008 (7pm onwards)
Where? Panasonic Sports Complex (formerly Matsushita Centre) Lot 4, Persiaran Perkilangan, Seksyen 21, Shah Alam, Selangor

Ailyn told me that if you go early, you get a free fan :D

And on Sunday is the finals of Cheer 2008. This will be at Bukit Jalil and begins at 10am. Go see girls prancing around in short skirts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home