The Art of Animaling: post birthday~

Saturday, August 26, 2006

post birthday~

Finally fixed up the photos. Here they are:

CAKE!


At midnight, I was surprised with a cake from Kelly, Patrick and SiuYook. That's SiuYook on the phone scolding me for taking a long shower at the wrong time. Hehe~

Thanks for the cake! =D

After that, woke up at noon to meet Kelly & Patrick for lunch at West End. 3 Monkeys is one of the must try cafes in Brisbane and we stuffed ourselves full of cheese!

There was nachos with sour cream, salsa & cheese, chicken lasagna heavy with cheese served with salad, and a slice of caramel cheesecake with cream on the side. This cafe is famous because it has good cake and it's one of the very few places that open past 9-10pm. The cheesecake was HEAVY and COMPACT. Patrick said that the fat content in one spoonful of that cake is equal to the fat content of 20 spoons of whipped cream. Kelly said she could "feel the fat oozing down to the thighs". *rofl* But the food was too good to resist hor? ;)

After that, we walked to SouthBank (an upmarket area by the Brisbane river) and went shopping at the Weekly Art & Craft flea market. The market is held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Me and Kelly saw a lot of things to buy >_> In the end, we couldn't resist and bought a dress each =p This one is mine:

Satisfied with our purchases, we had a stroll along the river. It's a very romantic spot at night. There are even some restaurants where you can sit and have your meal by the river. Of course, they cost a bomb. We took some photos while resting.

Behind us is the city centre and the Brisbane river. Uni is to the --> of the photo.

Patrick tak steady! Need flash to take photo~

After that, they went home and I met up with my friends for dinner at Hanaichi Restaurant. We went there and act posh. Had sushi and sake. *we had the cheapest sake, but ssshhh* Sorry no photos of the food! Everything got gobbled up super fast.

Clockwise from me: Evie, Bec, Bec's boyfriend Luis and Mike my friend from Kuching. Thanks for dinner! They didn't let me spend a cent. We had drinks after that at the Down Under pub. I got a massage at the pub! First time I see waitresses offering massages to the people at a pub. She will massage you for 3 minutes, and you can pay her whatever you reckon the massage was worth. The place has cheap drinks and we had $2 shots. The shots that night were Sambuca shots; hmm, tasted like liquorice *that black candy which is a bit bitter* to me. Was alright, but not really my flavour. For some reason, we were really tired that day *work + uni* so we headed home soon after. I walked to the bus stop to find that I missed the last bus by 1 minute. ONE FREAKING MINUTE. Dang. So I took the train home lor.

When I arrived home, Daniel my housemate *also same birthday as me!* gave me something...

Sparkling white wine. Damn, I didn't buy him anything, pai seh. So I cooked dinner for him and his girlfriend that Sunday. *photos with Kelly, will post them next round* The wine was good. Very. Very. Good.

Oh! And here's what Mike gave me...

SNOOPY! Cute hor? But wait...he's not just plain Snoopy. He's ....

...WEBCAM SNOOPY!!! Ultra cute! *melts* Girls are suckers for cute stuff.

His nose is the camera. Eeeeeeeee! Cute. =)

After chatting with SiuYook, I crashed. Zzz~

::THE END::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home