The Art of Animaling: when you've reached the end of the rope

Monday, October 02, 2006

when you've reached the end of the rope

Three weeks of classes left.
Three assignments to hand in.
One final paper.

If I don't fail anything, I'm done. Thank you God, for helping me survive so far, for I did not deserve any of those blessings.

I slacked.
I procrastinated.
I did not put my best into it.

But He showed me mercy. Managed to pick up the pieces and fix the puzzle back again. The pieces, albeit a little awkward, fit quite properly. It still is a little hazy now, but far better than the heavy fog before this.

I've been wearing rose-tinted glasses. Always believing that things will turn out all right. That can of soda will always be half full. I believe in silver linings beyond dark clouds. Always looking out for something positive in bad times. That rainbow after the rain.

But you know, it's hard to keep that kind of spirit up. Because sometimes, maybe too often, the rainbow doesn't appear. The dark clouds are gone, but where's my silver lining? The half full can of soda turns empty.

Even then, I find myself asking "What's next?" instead of "What's left?" There are days that I rip off those naive rose-tinted glasses; only to hastily shove it back on.

Because I can't bear to face this enormity called Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home