The Art of Animaling: my weekend

Monday, September 15, 2008

my weekend

The past weekend was jam packed. Friday night was spent celebrating Daniel’s 24th with a dinner at Thai Corner, Taipan. Good food with good company and a very yummy moist chocolate cake baked specially by his girlfriend, Sookie. Woman, you should quit your job and open a bakery. I could get used to eating a slice of heaven every day, hehe. After that the whole gang moved over to Sunway Pyramid. Wanted to watch a late night movie, but there was nothing good on the big screen. Spent the night at the arcade where Daniel showed his moves on the DDR and the Para Para Paradise; everyone, including strangers, was applauding him! I played the Japanese drum game with Liang and the vacuum game with Hui Ling. Then I went home, went online for a bit and just before hitting the sack at 2 something in the a.m., my brother yells “where’s Jovi?!” And so a search party comprising myself, my brother and my dad began, with us walking up and down the road searching for a fluffy white thing. It’s damn hard to find your missing dog when you can’t call out his name. 2 bloody am in the morning! Stupid dog. My dad found him at the road behind, sniffing around a pile of garbage. He had the cheek to wag his tail when he saw me. I had to clean him up and give him a massive spanking and lecture which he ignored.

On Saturday morning, I dragged myself out of bed and brought Jovi to the vet for his booster jab and heartworm test. The grumpy fella was too nervous, his adrenaline pumping so hard it was difficult to get enough blood for the test. The vet had to draw blood from both front legs. On the second draw, he got so agitated, squirming and twisting the needle. Poor fella cried and looked at me with pitiful brown eyes, peeking out above the tiniest muzzle ever. Managed to calm him enough to draw blood for the lab test. The heartworm test turned out negative, thank God. Since he’s so old, we’re starting him on heartworm prevention. That will be RM144 per year for an annual jab to be given precisely on the same date every year. His lab test results will be out today; please please PLEASE don’t let him have heart disease. The vet said his lungs are very clear but he has a tiny murmur in his heart. It could be early cardiac problems. Please God don’t let that be >.<

After that I sent him home, whereupon he puked. He puked again yesterday. It must be him reacting to all the rubbish he ate. He spent the weekend being moody, nursing the effects of the booster jab. Gave him a treat to cheer him up, but he still merajuk this morning. Sheesh.

Anyway, after the vet, I met up with Kelly for lunch at pork mee in SS15, after which we spent an hour plus shopping at Cat’s Whiskers. It’s amazing how the same dress, which on me looks like a casual relaxed summery dress, can make Kelly look like seriously hot stuff. On her it’s shorter, tighter, and add some good cleavage on top of that…are you imagining it yet, you dirty-minded people?! So anyway, we finished our shopping and headed over to Sunway Pyramid where Kelly had her virgin manicure experience at JJ Nail Salon.

This is so far, my best manicure experience. Although I have to disclaim, that it’s only the third time in my entire life. The place is on LG1 of the new wing, next to Adonis and same floor as Sakae Sushi. It is nice, clean and spacious. I did the manicure and pedicure for RM86, which came with a free paraffin wax hand treatment worth RM30. Kelly had the manicure alone for RM38, for which she paid RM34 after the 10% discount from Jusco Card. The girls there are very good, it turned out nice and smooth, and doesn’t hurt when they clean your cuticles. The best part of all is the Ogawa massage chairs which you sit on if you’re doing pedicure. I dunno if this is normal practice elsewhere, but they are smart enough to let you wear your sandals/slippers after scrubbing and before painting so that you don’t need to gingerly slide them on after. The girl also fixed my in-grown toenails *ouch*.

After that was dinner with the family at Nan King, Taipan. Bumped into Sookie and Daniel there, as well as Eve with her mom and sis. Later on met up again at the hilly padang in USJ 2 to light candles and burn lanterns. My dad’s car battery went flat and they got stranded after dropping me off. Tried to jump start with Chew’s car, but to no avail. Left the car there overnight and my brother sent them home. So the gila Subang gang spent the night lighting candles, putting up lanterns, burning lanterns, taking silly photos, drinking Chivas and wine, toasting Twisties while Liang went footie watching. Met Suet-Li and Michelle after so long. Liang joined us later and the remaining gang went walking around the padang with lanterns, singing patriotic songs (including SMK Seafield song lol). After that was drinks and burger at Carlos 1, then home at 2am.

Sunday was spent being lazy. Had lunch at home, scrounged around for jewelry to match my dress. Went over to Liang’s place to poke the hamster and watch a Jay Chou movie titled Secret. My brother said it’s nice and emo, but I found it largely retarded with a tiny bit of romance. What a stupid ending. After that fell asleep, woke up late for Wei Yee’s wedding *eeps*. Rushed for the wedding, made it in time to finish the first course. Congratulations Wei Yee and hubby! Met Cindy after so many years. Took photos with all the Seafieldans, with ex teachers and the beautiful couple. Was a simple and sweet affair. I’m gonna dig up some old photos, see if I can find our old schoolgirl photos hehe.

And that was my weekend =)

And I've yet to put up photos from the Merdeka BBQ. Heh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

i dont even remember the SMK Seafield song!! hahah


upload the pics! :D

10:10 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home