The Art of Animaling: Multicultural Fiesta

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Multicultural Fiesta

It's Week 12!!! Two more weeks till finals and done, weeeeeeeeeee~
This is it; this is a beginning and an end. Another stage in life omg I suddenly don't feel ready. Three months to bum around before graduation *please God, let me pass I don't wanna be here any longer* and then. AND THEN.

Job hunting, resume polishing, interviews, WORKING. Footing my own bills. A different taste of independance. Fuh...kinda scary.

But best of all, I'll be at home. With family and friends and the bf. NO MORE HOUSEMATES woot! Which brings me to the french tards. Woo, dirty and messy and to top it all off, they steal food. Freaking thieves. That takes the cake la; steal my shaving cream not enough hor? Stole me and Kelly's TIMTAM. Sigh, malas wanna explain la. Wanna know more then message Kelly or me on msn or something.

***

Thursday night, Kelly baked a banana cake. Me and Daniel watched a movie, Domino starring Keira Knightley. Dang, I like her hair in that movie. Watching that movie gave me a headache though; the way colour and images flew around made my head spin. Add Daniel's snoring to that and I really felt...like...sleeping...zzz... Oh oh! Sometime last week we watched Zoolander which was freaking hilarious. No wonder it was banned in Malaysia hoho.

Friday night was relaxing. I met Kelly in uni and we went for the Multicultural Fiesta. We had nasi lemak and teh tarik for dinner which cost us AUD$6. The nasi lemak wasn't even "lemak" at all. Fortunately, the sambal was its saving grace. Gah, I haven't had ikan bilis in a long time! Teh tarik majorly sucked ass. Much too milky, could barely taste the tea and not frothy. Exactly the SAME as last year's. Bleh, I thought they'd have made some improvements within a year. The satay looked horrible and it was AUD$3 for 2 sticks wtf wanna cut throat. Good thing we decided against it because later on, someone told us it was horrendous.


Taiwan sausages were too salty. We looked obscene eating them >_> And we had muah chee which was not bad. A girl came and sat at our table, overheard our "lahs" and "mahs" and asked us where we're from. Turns out she's also Malaysian. And recommended curry fish balls from the HKSA (Hong Kong Student Association) stall. Oh dang, can't remember her name now.


Bumped into some people and watched some lame ass performances. The salsa served up two people on a stage jigging away, which resembled the cha-cha + twist more than a salsa. So much for hot sexy moves ala Antonio Banderas in Take the Lead. The African Drumbeat was monotonous and boring. The Vietnamese dance had girls flouncing around in bamboo hats. And the worst one of all, the Malaysian dance. Three girls doing the fan dance (all wrong, so so wrong!) to some modern sappy Chinese song.


According to Kelly, people are gonna think that Malaysians are tards.

I mean, c'mon. Put some dikir barat also better lah. What happened to dances like the one with people-hopping-over-sticks-trying-not-to-trip? At this point, I wouldn't even mind some joget or dangdut stuff. Pfft. No wonder it was free entry. The best performance of all would have to be some err, belly dancing stuff. Three babes sporting sparkly sexy skin-baring costumes shaking and swaying their hips to some kinda, erm, music. I was too busy eating to notice what music. The three babes quite pandai to gelek also hehe.

After being bored enough, we left to the city. Shopped for alcohol and went home. Still can't find that Vodka Mudshake! I shall hunt it down for Kelly to try. Don't worry girl, it's worth the hunt hohoho. Didn't drink enough to get smashed, except for Daniel who decided to steal milk (or was it bread) for us from the convenience store opposite. At almost 5am, our dear housemate was crossing the road, stopped to thrust his hips at a passing car and came back with no milk nor bread but a copy of the newspaper.

And then he decided to hump my Snoopy webcam. -_-

***

Tiramisu and Apple Crumble are the best flavours from Dreamy Donuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home