The Art of Animaling: books and barney and a big belly

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

books and barney and a big belly

landscapes of my mind

Or something of that sort. Got it from Memoirs of a Geisha. I like that phrase.

Can't believe it's May already!

Been reading lots lately. Finally caught up on Harry Potter 5 and 6. Booty Nomad was a fun read, thanks Gary...I hope Liang didn't forget to return the book. In The Cut was terribly awfully potong stim. Damn tak puas hati with the ending! I wanted to throw the book when I finished it URGH.

Aah, saw an ad for a Cantonese movie on DVD, I forgot the title. Gary says the plot is like P.S. I Love You. Which reminds me, I don't like that book. The idea behind the book was great, but it was very frustrating trying to read it. Cecilia Ahern went overboard with all the descriptions. Ample descriptions are all well and good to help readers imagine the place and characters, but it was just too much in this book. One thing that separates average and pro writers are how they juggle information and description in the story. Unfortunately, this brilliant story idea was buried in overwhelming details that cramped the reader's imagination. Part of the fun in reading is being able to paint your own picture. The writer provides the paintbrush and colours, sometimes guiding the reader with a stroke of the brush here or there. Having said that, I have to give her props for making me cry. Emo book wuu~ T_T

Currently reading Memoirs of a Geisha, after having purchased it more than two years ago. -_-
Am slowly discovering how much the movie lacked.
Am also slowly disliking the movie for being so inaccurate.

Had a cute little birthday party yesterday. Mini sandwiches, cocktail sausages, sugar doughnuts and a Barney cake. Awfully cute grr. There were even party packs.

Then I came home to have so much fun annoying the fur off my dog with party blowouts. So fun! My dog officially hates me now hoho.

Had dinner with the family at Medan Selera SS2 on Saturday. Otherwise known as "wai sek kai". And we over indulged! Gah. Carrot cake, fried tung hoon, HK chee cheong fun, laksa siam, leng chee kang, ice kacang, rojak buah and I almost passed out into my bowl of ice kacang. And my parents wanted to have mango loh at KTZ after that. Gila meh! Unsurprisingly, I came home with an upset tummy. -_-

Sunday had lunch at A&W. Stupid waffles cost RM5 per piece now. It used to be about RM3 more or less, depending whether you order with ice cream of syrup. How can a bloody piece of toasted flour be worth RM 5 laaaaaa >=(

Hate inflation. Pfft.

Am currently craving for SS15 burger dadah, some nice hot crispy roti canai and fresh coconut with 100 plus.

God bless my tummy. I need to stop eating so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home